Custom Aluminum Sand Casting
We specialize in custom aluminum sand casting because unlike permanent mold and die casting, it’s the most versatile method available for casting aluminum parts and products. We’ve offered this method for over 75 years with operations that include core making (utilizing industry-leading Redford machines), green sand casting (utilizing Hunter Automatic Molding Machines) as well as air set molding — also known as no-bake molding.
Aluminum Sand Casting Process & Equipment
Ranging from the most basic parts that weigh just a few ounces to extremely complex shapes weighing up to 120 pounds, our tried-and-true custom aluminum casting process (which includes warmbox and shell core production) will accommodate practically any need. These processes and state-of-the-art equipment include:
- Three Redford-43 machines
- Three Redford-22 machines
- A fleet of Hunter Molding Machines:
- One Hunter HPM Automatic molding machine (14”X 19”) Flask
- Three Hunter HPM Automatic molding machines (20”X24”) Flask
- 12 Electric aluminum melting crucibles that produce aluminum sand castings from ounces up to 30 pounds
- An air set molding line that includes:
- High speed sand/binder mixer, 3 electric aluminum melting crucibles, automatic mold shakeout and sand reclamation system. Produces custom aluminum castings ranging from five pounds to 120 pounds, in flask sizes up to 48” x 60”
- Alloys poured include 319 – 356 – A356 – 535, per Aluminum Association Standards. Heat treatments, performed in-house, include T5, T51, T6, T61 and T7
- A quality control system that includes the analysis of 12 aluminum alloys to verify the chemical composition (and quality) of incoming ingots from suppliers
- In addition to being a custom sand casting manufacturer, Bremer has in-house machining capabilities, utilizing seven Haas and Hyundai CNC vertical machining centers. Assembly operations include inserting thread inserts, dowels, pressing in tubes, studs, plugs and other components.